Benefits of Ear Correction
What Is Ear Surgery for?
Ear surgery, or Otoplasty, is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures. It corrects protruding ears or reshapes and reforms large ear lobes. Otoplasty may also reconstruct parts of the ear that are damaged or missing through accident and injury or from birth.
What kind of corrections can be made?
The aim of ear surgery is to give your ears a positioning and size that is in balance with your other facial characteristics.
The procedure can correct:
• Protruding Ears
• Lop Ear - when the tip of the ear appears to fold down and forward
• Cup Ear - an usually small ear
• Shell Ear - the curve and natural folds and creases are missing
• Elongated or stretched Ear Lobes
• Excessive creases or wrinkles in Ear Lobes
• Part of Ears that are missing from birth or injury
At what can age can Ear Correction be done?
Prominent ears can become a psychological problem for children going through school. Ears usually reach full size at the age of 5-6 years old and can safely be corrected at this age.
How long does the procedure take?
It generally takes 1-2 hours per ear and usually the patient can go home the same day.
How Long Will The Results Last?
Results from ear surgery are typically life-long.